Why Use YouTube in your classroom?
Increase student engagement
- Start your class off with an engaging video clip that brings a lesson to life and sparks a lively discussion.
- No longer will students be late for physics class when you begin the class with an engaging clip.
- Make the subjects applicable to your students’ everyday lives by showing culturally relevant YouTube clips.
- Teach students video production and editing skills through projects and upload the videos to your classes YouTube channel.
Free access to thousands of high quality educational videos
- YouTube provides free, unlimited access to tens of thousands of videos of high quality educational content.
- These videos range from the world’s best professors giving hour long lectures to great teachers giving short lessons.
- Check out the diverse array of educational content at YouTube.com/EDU
Teach to every type of learner
- Tap into the mind of the visual learner.
- Each student has different learning needs. You can create videos or playlists to suit the different types of learners in your classroom.
- On YouTube you can find videos explaining the same topic, many different ways. For example, here are four different videos, all explaining the concept of number patterns in a different way.