The heart of the site is a collection of data visualizations. You may want to begin by browsing through these collections—if you’d rather explore than read directions, take a look!
On Many Eyes you can:
1. View and discuss visualizations
2. View and discuss data sets
3. Create visualizations from existing data sets
If you register, you can also:
4. Rate data sets and visualizations
5. Upload your own data
6. Create and participate in topic centers
7. Select items to watch
8. Track your contributions, watchlist, and topic centers
9. See comments that others have written to you
All the visualizations on Many Eyes have an attached discussion forum. As you explore a visualization, you may find a view that you’d like to talk about or share. If you post a comment, your “view” is saved along with your comment so others can see what you’re seeing. Each visualization lets you select data items by clicking. Your selection will be highlighted in a bright color, so that you can refer to those items in your comments. This simple feature is very convenient: it’s much nicer to say “Look at the circled part of the graph” than “look at the thing sort of at the upper right”.