Archive for the ‘Conferences’ Category
Open Conference Systems (OCS) is a free Web publishing tool that will create a complete Web presence for your scholarly conference. OCS will allow you to:
- create a conference Web site
- compose and send a call for papers
- electronically accept paper and abstract submissions
- allow paper submitters to edit their work
- post conference proceedings and papers in a searchable format
- post, if you wish, the original data sets
- register participants
- integrate post-conference online discussions
You can also take OCS out for a test drive on our server. The login is “admin” and the password is “testdrive”. This installation will be regularly purged of all data, so please do not use it for anything other than making a short-term evaluation of the software.
Read also: Quick Guide
Fortunately there are many excellent free options for coordinating remote meetings. “Free,” in this instance, means a service that doesn’t charge extra call rates or add service subscription fees on top of call fees. Aside from the well-known FreeConferenceCall.com, here are four of our favorite services in this category, listed below, ranging from impromptu team conversation tools to meeting organization powerhouses.